Are you experiencing any of these symptoms?
- Lack of energy
- Muscle cramps
- Numbness or tingling
- Difficulty concentrating
- Unusual mood changes
- Poor sleep patterns
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the above, you may have a B12 deficiency.
A B-12 shot can help!
But we have to be clear – there are different types of B-12 available. Many physicians offer B-12 cyanocobalamin (called c-B-12) simply because it is less expensive and more readily available. At Danville Holistic Medical Center, we also provide patients with the more active form of B-12, methylcobalamin (called methyl-B). We offer this type of B-12 because we believe it is superior option for your body.
Methylcobalamin vs Cyanocobalamin
Both are forms of cobalamin, which
- Assists the body in energy production
- Are co-factors for the production of thyroid hormones and red blood cell production
However, cyanocobalamin has a cyanide group attached to it, whereas methylcobalamin does not. C-B-12 is a less active form of B-12. Before the body can use c-B-12 for many important functions, it must convert c-B-12 to Methyl-B.
Methyl-B is a very highly active form of B-12 and appears to be better absorbed and retained by the body and is used by the body in many ways that c-B-12 is not.
- As an ANTIOXIDANT: Helps your cells fight off every day toxins from the environment.
- To SLEEP EASY: Methyl-B works in the process of melatonin synthesis and can help normalize your circadian rhythm/sleep cycle and improve the quality of your sleep.
- For RELAXATION: Methyl-B helps regulate the release of your stress hormone (cortisol).
- To improve HEART HEALTH: Methyl-B is the only form of B-12 shown to lower homocysteine levels. High levels are thought to contribute to heart disease, kidney disease, underactive thyroid, and several mental diseases.
Benefits of a B-12 Injection
Danville Holistic Medical Center recognizes the benefit of both forms of B-12, and offer injections of either form at our office. A quick injection treatment, our patients recognize many benefits such as:
- Increased energy
- Better quality of sleep
- Decreased stress levels
- Support of thyroid hormone production
- Antioxidative power
- Support of red blood cell production
After experiencing the benefits of a Methyl-B injection, many patients request a complete blood analysis to see what other changes in their physiology can be made to make them feel even better. Overall health and wellness is the goal for every patient at Danville Holistic Medical Center. When you want to feel well, call us to see how we can help you.